1. Sprouted Methi - 100g
2. Garlic pods - 6-7 of them chopped very finely
3. Green chillies - 4 of them – slit
4. Cumin seeds - 1/2 tspn
5. Cumin powder - 1/4 tspn
6. Coriander powder - 1/2 tspn
7. Salt to taste
8. Steamed Rice - equivalent to 2 cups of rice cooked. I use long grained Basmati Rice, for all its flavor, texture and taste.
9. Vegetable Oil - 2 tbspns
10. Clarified Butter/Ghee - warmed through (optional) – 1 tbspn
a. Heat the 2tbspns of oil in a pan.
b. Add cumin seeds, the chopped garlic and green chillies to it and sauté till the garlic starts to turn slightly brown.
c. Add in the Cumin and Coriander powders, and sauté for another 2 1/2 to 3 min.
d. Now add the sprouted Methi, and sauté for another 3-5 min, till the methi wilts and gets half-cooked.
e. Add in salt and cook for another minute.
f. Add the mixture to your steamed rice, and combine everything well, till all rice is quoted with the mixture.
g. Give a last and final mix with the warmed through clarified butter.
Serve this awesome legume rice with pomegranate Raita!