Red chilli powder
- Slit brinjals with the stem jointed.
- Cut onions into small pieces and peel garlic
- Grind coconut, salt, redchilli powder, turmeric, one onion and few garlic pods to paste
- Mix the ground paste with cut onions and garlic.
- Stuff the mixture into brinjals.
- In a vessel, season with mustard and jeera.
- Arrange the stuffed brinjals and add little water.
- Cover it with a lit and pour little water over the lid. Sim and cook till the veggie get cooked.
- If you want it to be a gravy add in little more water
- Instead of cooking in a vessel, arrange the brinjals in a pressure cooker and cook till two whistles.