Bengali Sweets are a favorite for all. How abt we preparing and relishing.... Added Joy!
I had got this recipe from Mrs. Mallika Badrinath's cook book... Just wanted to share as it was easy......
Paneer - Prepared from 1 litre cow's milk
Fine rawa - 1/2 tsp
Diamond sugar candy - 20 pieces
Rose water - 2 tsps
Baking Powder - a pinch
For sugar syrup
Sugar - 500 gms
Water - 3.5 cups
1. Prepare paneer from milk after removing the fat content from it as much as possible
Knead the fresh paneer (the one after draining it in a muslin cloth) with rawa and baking powder till it becomes smooth.
2. Make small balls with the paneer keeping one diamond sugar candy in the center of each ball. (Paneer balls should not have cracks while making)
3. While preparing the balls or sugar syrup, keep the balls closed under a wet cloth to prevent drying
4. Heat sugar and water in a pressure cooker or a pressure pan directly.
5. Stir till sugar gets dissolved completely.
6. When it starts boiling, add paneer balls to it.
7. Close the lid and keep the vent weight on top immediately.
8. Pressure cook for 12 minutes in medium flame.
9. Switch off the stove. Keep the cooked under running tap water.
10. Allow the water to run over the cooker (with lid closed) slowly for 10 minutes to cool.
(This process is needed to cool the cooker so that the lid can be opened immediately)
11. Remove lid and transfer the rasagullas with the syrup to another vessel.
12. Mix rose water and keep closed for 8 hrs before serving.
Hope U Enjoy as I Did......