- Pine Apple – One half of a pine Apple
- Tomato – 1 medium size
- Coriander Leaves – 7 strands
- Curry leaves – 10 leaves
- Tamarind Paste – 2 tsp [ According to taste if you like your rasam sour then add a little more , keep in mind the sourness of the pine apple]
- Green Chilli - 1
- Garlic Pod – 3 [ Optional]
- Jeera – 1tsp
- Black Pepper – 1tsp
- Tumeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – A pinch
- Salt to taste
- Mustard Seed – ½ tsp
- Urad Dal – ½ tsp
- Dry Red Chilli -1 sliced in the center
- Oil- 1tsp
- Slice ¾ of the pine apple into cubes and put the rest in a mixer
- Slice half the tomato and put the rest in the mixer
- Along with it add 3 to 12 and grind it to a fine paste
- In a vessel heat oil and fry mustard seed , dry chilli and urad dal
- To the seasoning pour 3 – 4 glasses of water
- Add the sliced tomato and pine Apple and bring it to boil
- Simmer and add the masala paste and bring to boil.
- Switch of the gas once you seethe rasam boil.
- Close it with a lid so the aroma stays inside.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.