Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Simple Sweet and Salt Cut-out Cookies

This is one saver in times when you doubt yourself about baking. This recipe assures you again and again that you are GOOD at baking! :)

These are simple sweet and salt cookies, and they taste good in whatever color they turn out - So, don't really worry if they turn out a little more than golden. Its perfectly fine. They are COOKIES, come on! They are supposed to be homely. Eat them when they

The best thing I like about cookies though, is the smell of baking that wafts through my home. I made these on Tuesday and even shared them wit my sweet neighbors, and in like 2 minutes I got a message from them that they were awesome! :D So, what can I say.. I love them so much -- I mean I love my cookies! :)

Ingredients:

1. 2 1/4 cups (295 gm) - All purpose flour
2. 1 cup (226 gm) - Unsalted butter
3. 2/3 cups (135 gm) - Castor sugar
4. 1 egg (Sorry Sushu.. Cant help but use 1 egg! The texture is not good otherwise:) )
5. Vanilla essence - 1 tspn
6. Lemon essence - 1 tspn
7. Lemon zest - of 1 lemon
8. 1/4 tspn - salt
9. 1/4 tspn - baking powder / bicarb

Procedure:

1. Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl, till pale and soft.

This may sound a little more tedious than usual, or my other cake recipes, but trust me, it helps.

2. Add in the egg, vanilla essence, lemon essence and lemon zest in this mixture. Stir well till they combine.

3. In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients - flour, salt and baking powder.

4. Add dry ingredients to wet ones.

5. Make a good dough - add little more flour if you feel the dough is really falling apart.

6. Wrap the dough in cling and store it in the fridge for about an hour.

7. Take it out and roll in into a disc about 1/2 inch thick. Cut it out into different beautiful shapes with your cookie cutters

8. Grease a cookie tray with butter, preheat the oven at 200C and bake for 15-20 min.

9. Cool on a wire rack till cool and hard

10. EAT !

Pictures will follow - as I am making them again this week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment