Ingredients:Sooji – 1 cup, roasted dry/ with a drop of oil or clarified butter
Water – 2 cups
Mustard seeds – 1 tspn
Green chillies – 4-5 – chopped finely
Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
Ginger – 1 inch finely chopped
Clarified butter/ghee – 1 big tbspn
Vegetable Oil – 1 tbspn
Green peas – 2 tbspn or a handful
Cumin seeds – 1 tspn
Turmeric – a pinch
Onion – 1 small – chopped into half rings )
1. Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds (and cumin seeds); wait till they splutter
2. Now add in the chillies, curry leaves and ginger and sauté for about 3 min.
3. (Add in the onions )
4. Now add the 2 cups of water and let it come to boil.
5. Add salt and let it boil for another minute.
6. Add your sooji and keep stirring while doing so, to avoid any lumps
7. (Add green peas at this stage, and stir)
8. Leave it to cook, till the water is 80% absorbed.
9. Stir once and fold in the ghee
10. Take off heat and keep closed till you serve it. This way it is soft and luscious till the end.