Wednesday, June 23, 2010
This week.... My all-time favorites!
I. Achari Bhindi Masala
1. Ladysfinger - 1/2 kg - cut into 1/2 inch pieces
2. Red Onions - 2 ; 1- chopped into flat cubes, another just diced
3. Tomatoes- 3 - chopped finely
4. Cumin powder - 1 tspn
5. Corander powder - 1 tspn
6. Ginger-garlic paste- 1 tbspn
7. Salt - to taste
8. Sugar - to taste
9. Paprika - to taste
10.Veg Oil - 2 tbspn
1. Cook the laysfinger till 3/4 cooked in a tbspn of oil, and keep aside.
2. Now heat the remaining amount of oil in a pan and add in the cumin and corander powders.
3. Saute till they give out their flavors
4. Add in the Ginger-garlic paste and saute again for 2 min
5. Add both the onions - saute till transparent
6. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes can be flattened out with the back of your spoon.
7. Add in the cooked ladysfingers and cook for another 5 min or till cooked fully.
Garnish with corainder leaves, serve HOT with Roti/Naan!
II. Andhra Pesarattu !