Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Some delicacies this week
Apple Nut Salad
1. Chinese apple -1
2. Green Apple - 1
3. Kashmiri Apple -1
4. Almonds - a handful
5. Maple Syrup - 2 tbspns
6. Creme` Fresh - 1 tbspn
1. Core and cut all apples into half inch cubes.
2. Finely cut the almonds
3. Layer your plate first with half the apples, then with half the nuts
4. Add in some of the maple syrup.
5. Spread the remaining apples
6. Pour in the remaining maple syrup
6. Dress with remaining nuts
7. Top it with some creme` fresh!
1. Eggs - 2 eggs per person
3. Cumin powder - 1/2 tspn
4. Coriander powder - 1/2 tspn
5. Bell pepper - 1/2 a veg
6. Carrot - 1/2 a veg
7. Red Onion - 1 (Use a spring onion, alternatively)
8. Coriander - a handful of sprigs
8. Butter - unsalted
9. Oil - 1 tspn
1. Chop all vegetables, including onions, very finely.
2. Heat oil in a pan and saute the onions till transparent.
3. Add in the capsicum and carrot and cook for about 5 min, till they become soft.
4. Beat the eggs in a bowl, just till the white and yolk mix thoroughly.
5. Pour in the beaten eggs into the pan with vegetables.
6. Spread and sway till the pan is coated with kind of a thick layer of the eggs and vegetables.
7. Leave it to simmer and cook for about 10 min
8. Dress with a knob of butter in the end.
Enjoy hot with the butter melting – with soft whole wheat bread!