1. Fresh Double Cream - 800 ml
2. Carrots - 2
3. Juice of one lemon
4. Sugar - 4 tablespoons
5. Mixed fruit essence – 1 teaspoon
6. Condensed Milk - 200 ml
Get all things to room temperature first.
1. In the food processor, make 1 carrot into pulp and grate the other carrot into thin strips.
2. Squeeze the juice out of the pulp into a large bowl.
3. Add in the lemon juice (without the seeds), sugar and the mixed fruit essence to the juice, mix and keep aside.
4. In another bowl whisk the cream till soft peaks are formed.
5. Fold in the cream and the juice mixture.
6. And then fold in the grated carrot.
7. Pour in an air-tight container and freeze for 3-5 hrs, for it to set.
This ice cream does not need to be re-blended in between, when it is half set. It sets beautifully by itself in 3-5 hrs.