1. Dark Chocolate chips – 200 gm (60-70% dark compound), and some more to decorate later
2. Fresh Double Cream – 600 ml
3. Butter – 75 – 100 gm
4. Sugar – 200 gm/less, if you are using regular milk chocolate chips
5. Lemon juice – of 1 lemon
6. Vanilla essence – 1 tspn
7. Custard powder – 1 tspn
8. Golden Syrup- 1 tspn
1. Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler or the microwave, until smooth
2. Wait till it cools down to room temperature and hardens a little, and mix in the golden syrup, for the extra oomph, taste and gloss
3. In a bowl, add in the lemon juice, sugar, vanilla essence, custard powder and mix in well so that the sugar is dissolved
4. In another big bowl, add in the double cream straight from the fridge, so that it is still hard, and beat in with your wooden spoon or whisker, so that there are soft peaks. (Alternatively, use the electric beater)
5. Mix the sugar-lemon-juice-vanilla-etc. mixture into the cream and mix well till all combines.
6. Now mix in the melted chocolate into this mixture
7. Pour the final mixture into an airtight container and freeze for atleast 4 hrs.
Scoop out, decorate with chocolate chips and enjoy!