Rava (Sooji) - 1 cup
Fresh / Sour Curd - 2 to 3 cups (apprx)
Green Chillies - 2
Cooking Soda - 1/2 tsp
Mustard, Urad Dhal, Curry Leaves, Red Chilli, Jeera
- Add little oil and seasonings. When mustard crackles add rava and dry roast them for few minutes.
- Remove from fire and add in salt and soda.
- Mix well.
- Just before steaming the idlis, mix curd to this mixture and make a batter. Rava tends to absorb the moisture. So mix enough curd that it is neither too thick nor watery.
- Transfer it to the greased idli plates and steam similar to normal idlis.
- Relish hot idlis with tomato/ coconut chutney or Chilli powder (Gun powder)
- Not To Overburn when dry roasting the rava
- Steam immediately once the curd is mixed. The idli turns hard if the batter is too thick.
- The fried mixture can be kept for few hours. Mix curd when required and steam it immediately