- Palak or Spinach - about 300gm - chopped coarsely
- Baby Corn - 125 gm (I use frozen)
- Garlic - chopped very finely - 1 tbspn
- Oil - 1 tspn
- Cumin powder - 1 tspn
- green chillies - slit length-wise - 2-3
- Fresh Cream - 2 tbspns
- Add the cut spinach to boiling water. (Dont add salt at this juncture. It makes spinach loose its color sometimes. )
- Let it boil and loose all its raw flavor and boil thoroughly, but still stay green
- Strain and let the spinach cool.
- Blend the spinach in a blender, till you get a hideously green, lush paste.
- In a heavy bottom dish, heat some oil. (you can use garlic oil for more flavor)
- Add in the cumin powder and saute for a min.
- Add the chopped garlic and saute till brown.
- Add in the blended spinach and cook for about 3 min.
- Add the baby corn kernels and cook for 3 more min
- add salt and stir for a minute more
- now add in the fresh cream, stir well till you see ripples
Serve Hot with Bread or Rice!!