Fusion food from my land.
- Brinjals – 250 gm, cut length-wise into halves
- Onion- 1, cubed
- Peanuts – 20 gm
- Coriander seeds – 10 gm
- Cumin seeds – 10 gm
- Fenugreek seeds – 5 gm
- Dried coconut powder- 10 gm
- Khus khus seeds – 10 gm
- Dry Mango powder – 2 tspns
- Chilli powder – 1 tspn
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Ginger paste – 1 tbspn
- Garlic – finely chopped – 1 tbpsn
- Sugar – 1 tspn
- Oil – 2 tspn
- Cook the brinjals in a dish – without oil and with drops of water, till they are almost cooked.
- Dry roast the onion and the seeds and the dry coconut powder, till the onion is transparent and the seeds release all their flavors
- Blend the mixture into a fine paste and keep aside
- In a heavy bottomed dish, heat a little oil and add the garlic and ginger and sauté for a min.
- Add in the dry mango powder and sauté with little water – for another 2 min, till the fats are separated
- Add the paste blended earlier.
- Cook for about 10 min, adding salt, sugar, chilli powder and turmeric at relevant intervals.
Serve hot with Rice or Bread!!