Yam - 1/4 Kg
Onion - One (Medium Size)
Tamarind - Small Gooseberry size
Jaggery - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric - Two pinches
Sambhar Powder - 1 Tbsp
- Peel and chop yam into small pieces. Pressure cook, drain and keep it aside.
- Chop onion finely.
- Soak tamarind, jaggery and salt in very little water.
- Drain Take tamarind extraxt add to cooked yam. Then add in turmeric powder and sambhar powder.
- Mix well. The Yam can be slightly smashed with few pieces around.
- In a kadai, add oil and season. Once it crackles, add onions and fry till transparent.
- Add the prepared yam mixture to it and fry well on low flame.
- The curry should cook well and becomes dry. Add oil when necessary.
Friends I have not tried it out.... But the curry might go well as a filling for sandwich! Start Experimenting!!!!
If you are cooking in a oven, season and cook onions. Then add in the yam mixture and few spoons of oil.
Microwave at small intervals and stirring in between. This can be done till the curry is cooked and dry.
(Might take around 10 - 15 mins)