A very easy dessert, provided you eat bananas
- Ripe Bananas - 3
- Sugar - 50 gm
- demerera sugar - 30 gm
- Butter - 45 gm (1.5 tbspn)
- Star Anaise - 2-3
- Single/Double Cream - 1 tbspn (Optional)
- Slice your bananas into vertical slices
- Place a heavy pan on heat, and add some butter (1tspn).
- After the butter melts, place the bananas on the pan and let them cook for about a minute on each side
- let them slightly brown and crisp on both sides
- now in another dish, make a sugar syrup out of 50 gm sugar and about 40 ml water. make the syrup of 1 thread consistency
- add in the star anaise in the end and close the dish with a lid, after taking the dish off heat. This will help it infuse.
- Meanwhile in the same pan, heat the remaining butter and let it brown.
- Add in the demerera sugar and let it cook well.
- Now take this syrup and pour it on your bananas.
- Pour some of the sugar syrup, with the star anaise on, also.
Serve warm, with icecream or cream !