1. Italian Risotto Rice – 200 gm
2. Water/Vegetable Stock with about 2 tspns good quality wine – 600 ml
5. Carrot – 1 , chopped into small pieces
6. Spring Onions – 2, chopped up finely
7. Garlic lcoves – 5 – chopped finely
8. Olive Oil – 1 tspn
9. Parmesan cheese – grated – about 1/4 cup
1. In a heavy bottomed dish, heat olive oil and throw in your onions and garlic
2. let the onions get transparent and garlic get brown, and then add the carrots
3. after about 2 min of cooking, add the rice.
4. Let it turn glossy with the oil and the vegetables.
5. Meanwhile in another big bowl, keep boiling your vegetable stock.
6. When the rice turns glossy and well coated with the oil and vegetables, start adding your water, ladle by ladle
7. each ladle should be fully absorbed by the rice. And then add the next ladle full
8. Towards the end, the rice will turn soft and very yielding.
9. Add salt and pepper
10. The whole process will take about 20 min. Don't move away from the stove, keep stirring your rice all the while, so that it does not stick to the vessel. (This rice sticks to the bottom of even a non-stick dish!)
Serve with grated parmesan cheese, hot and delicious !