The all-time favorite Punjabi dish! Loved by children and adults alike!
- Potatoes - 5- 8 medium sized ones, cubed into about 8 pieces each
- Turmeric - 2 tspns
- Jeera (Cumin Seeds) - 2 tbpsn
- Oil - 2 tbspns
- Red/Yellow Chillie powder
- Fresh Coriander for garnish (optional)
- Precook the potatoes in a little water and salt and keep aside. The potatoes should be cooked till they are about 60 percent tender.
- in a heavy bottomed dish, heat the oil and pop in the cumin seeds and cook them till they lose color.
- add turmeric and lightly stir for about 3 seconds
- add the potatoes and stir and leave them to cook for about 4 min.
- add in the salt and cook for another min.
- now sprinkle some chillie powder and stir in. Cook for half a min more.
serve hot with rice/bread!
Yes, will post the picture soon ! :)