This is the quintessential English dessert..
- Sponge Cake - 250 gm - preferably in the loaf form, not already cut into pieces
- lemon juice - juice of 1 lemon
- Fresh double or single cream - 2 tspns
- condensed milk - 2 tbspns
- butter - 1 - 2 tspns
- lemon essence (optional) - 1/2 tspn
- vanilla essence - 1/2 tspn
- confectioner's sugar - 1 tbspn
- grated dry or fresh coconut - 2 tbspns
- Cut up the sponge cake into cubes of 2X2 and keep aside
- in a separate bowl, mix up the butter, condensed milk and cream till they are combined.
- next mix in the lemon juice and the vanilla essence.
- mix till all are well combined - this is the frosting mixture
- in another plate, sprinkle the grated coconut and keep ready
- take one cake cube at a time, and pour your frosting mixture on it, so that everything is well coated in the luscious pale yellow frosting.
- coat all your cakes that way and dunk them all in the grated coconut.
- Set in the fridge