Raid your fridge at the end of the week and find all vegetables that are almost of no use when used individually. :)
- All vegetables - amounting to about 300 gm
- Kasuri methi - 1 tbspn
- Fresh Mint leaves - a handful
- Fresh Coriander Leaves - chopped finely - for garnish
- Masala made from equal quantities of Mace, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Cloves and Coriander Seeds.
- Oil - 2 tbspn
- Red Chilli Powder - 2 - 3 tbspns
- Turmeric - 1/2 tspn
- Water - half a cup
- Onions - 1 grated or blended in the processor
- Tomatoes - 2 chopped finely
- Garlic paste - 1 tspn
- Ginger paste - 2 tspns
- Start with heating the oil and frying all your masalas - the dry masala, the ginger paste and garlic paste
- then add the onion paste and cook till it leaves the sides
- add in the tomatoes and cook for another 3 min, till they go soft
- add the turmeric and chilli powder and cook till the mixture leaves sides again
- now add in the kasuri methi and then the vegetables.
- cook them till they are soft and not yet yielding.
- add your mint leaves and coriander leaves and cook for another 2 min.
- Take it off heat and keep uncovered
Serve hot with roti/rice!