Rice Flour - 1 cup
- Boil water.
- Grease idli / idiyappam plates with little oil.
- In a vessel, add the flour and salt. Add hot water in small quanities and simultaneously stir the flour with a stick to make a dough without forming lumps.
- Be cautious that dough is not watery nor hard. It should be soft like chappathi dough.
- Take the dough in small quanities and fill the idiyappam maker. Dough should be hot, otherwise it is difficult to press...
- Press the dough through the idiyappam maker in circular motion in the idli moulds or idiyappam plates directly.
- Steam them like idlis.