A mildly spiced pulao, ideal for lunches and potlucks. Keeps well balanced and spiced till lunch time!
- Brown Basmati Rice - 150 gm, cooked as per instructions
- Brocolli - 1 large flower, cut into florets (about 120 - 150 gm)
- green peas - 50 gm
- Garlic - 30 gm , or 2 tbspns, chopped finely
- Cumin seeds - 1 tspn
- Bat leaf - 1 -2
- Cinnamon Bark - 1/2 inch
- cardamom - 4, crushed slightly
- Extra virgin olive oil - 3 tbspns (I use olive oil, but you can use ghee or any other oil from your cupboard. But Olive oil gives that extra nutty flavor to the Pulao)
- Mint leaves for garnish
- In a heavy bottomed dish, heat a tspn of oil and fry up your spices (jeera, cinnamon, bay, cardamom), and after they release their aromas, add in the garlic
- wait till the garlic is browning and then add in the broccoli. I cook till just the broccoli turns green and becomes a bit tender. But you can cook till you like.
- add in the peas and cook for another 3 min.
- add salt and turmeric and cook for another minute
- add this mixture to the cooked rice and mix gently, till all of it thoroughly mixed.