Bangalore is full of Punjabi Restaurants, I think. Especially the neighborhood I live in has atleast 10 of them around here. Paneer Tikka is a huge favorite among Punjabi snacks.
1. Paneer/Cottage Cheese - 1 packet - cut into huge cubes (1.5 cm thickness)
2. Ginger - 1 inch
3. Garlic - 5-6 cloves
4. Green Chillies - 2-3
5. Onions- 2 - chopped finely and semi fried
6. Capsicum - red
7. Lemon juice - of 1 lemon
8. chat masala
9. Cumin Seeds - 1 tbsnp
10. Coriander Seeds - 1 tbspn
11. Coriander leaves
12. Cashew nuts
1. Make a paste of the Ginger, garlic, Green Chillies, Cumin and Coriander seeds, Salt, sugar and turmeric, and smear it to the paneer cubes
2. Marinate these cubes for about an hour.
3. After the 1 hr marination, insert them in skewers and cook them in the oven (Tandoor Style) or just grill them over your grilling pan - much easier.
4. Sprinkle lemon juice on top of them and garnish with semi fried onions and capsicum.
5. Sprinkle some chat masala and green coriander leaves and serve with hot Tea!!