Tomato - 2 or 3 Nos.
Onion - 1 big
Green chilli - 2 Nos.
Scrapped coconut - 1/2 cup
Poppy seeds - 1 t.spoon
Aniseeds - 1/2 t.spoon
Fried bengal gram (chutny gram) - 1/4 cup
Chilli powder - 1/2 t.spoon or according to your taste
Chopped Coriander leaves - 1 t.spoon
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 t.spoon
1. Grind coconut, poppy seeds, aniseeds and chutny gram to a coarse paste.
2. Heat oil in a kadai and season with mustard seeds, curry leaves. Add chopped onion and green chillies fry till onion become transparent.
3. Add chopped tomatoes and cook well.
4. Now add the grounded mixture, chilli powder and salt.
5. Add enough water to get gravy.
6. Allow it to boil for 5 mintues or till the kurma become thick.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves.
This kurma is the perfect sidedish for Idlies and Dosa's.