1. Eggplants- 500 gm – each eggplant’s stalk cut and the vegetable’s upper end cut into an “X” such that the stuffing can be pushed inside.
2. Vegetable Oil/Olive oil – 3 tbspn
3. A special crunchy powder-mix made out of equal quantities of (all roasted) Cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, coriander seeds and ground-nuts/peanuts
4. Garlic – 5-6 cloves, cut finely
6. Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
1. In a heavy bottomed, pour about 2 tbspns of oil and let the cut eggplants cook for about 15 min. it might take a little more time too, since they are being cooked in whole.
2. Prepare your special powder-mix in the meanwhile.
3. After the eggplants have cooked half way through, or soft enough to be stuffed, take them off the heat and let them cool, so that it is easy enough to stuff them.
4. After they have cooled, stuff them with the powder.
5. In the same pan fry the garlic and now add in the stuffed eggplant, salt, turmeric and sprinkle in some more powder. Let it cook for about 3 min.
6. Take it off the heat and garnish with chopped coriander.
Serve hot with steamed rice!!