• Tomatoes – 4, cut into halves
• honey – 2 tbspn
• Garlic Cloves – 4-5
• Red Onion - ½ (or 1, depending on the intensity you want)
• Water – 75 ml (3 to 4 tbspsn)
• Olive Oil – 50 ml or a little less
• Fresh Sage Leaves – 4-5
• Salt, Pepper
1. In a heavy bottomed dish, pour in about a tbspn of olive oil and cook the tomatoes, sage and honey for about 10 min, till all moisture starts to release. Take it off the heat and let it cool
2. Peel off the skins and chop the tomatoes and the leaves finely.
3. Now in the same dish, pour the remaining oil and start cooking your garlic and onions. Don't burn or brown your garlic or onion. They just need to be cooked till soft and translucent.
4. Put your tomatoes, most of the sage leaves, and the onion garlic mixture into your food processor and blend till about 95 percent is crushed and blended.
5. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste, combine well.
6. Dish it up in your soup bowl and drizzle a little more olive oil and the remaining sage leaves.
Serve hot !!