- Green Moong dal soaked in hot water over night – 1 cup
- Coconut scraped - 3tsp
- Onion – finely diced
- Jeera powder - 1 tsp
- Green Chilli – 1 slit in Half
- Chilli powder
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Asafetida – a pinch
- Urad Dal
- Curry leaves
- Pressure cook the dal until well cooked
- In a Pan heat oil and fry the seasoning.
- Add the onion and fry till it becomes golden brown
- Add coconut and fry for 2 min
- Add 4- 9 and pour 1 tumbler water once the water starts to boil add the moong dal and let it simmer for 10 min.
- Serve hot with Puttu / Chappathi / rice.