- Rice flour - 1 cup [ Can be replaced by red rice flour or ragi flour]
- Salt to taste
- Hot water – ½ tumbler
- Freshly scraped Coconut - 1 cup.
- Sieve salt and rice flour together.
- In the flour pour some water and mix.
- Note the flour should be sticky but dry and must be mixture of flour as well as tiny rice balls.
- In a puttu maker vessel place the scraped coconut and then the rice flour place this alternatively until the vessel is full .
- Cook under steam for 5 – 10 min .
Eating suggestion :
The puttu can be mixed with :
- Ghee and sugar
- Ghee sugar and ripe banana [ For those who have a sweet tooth ;)].