This was yesterday's dessert:
- Plain all purpose flour - 200 gm
- Vegetable Oil - 75 gm
- Buttermilk - 200 ml
- Egg - 1 large
- a pinch of salt
- caster sugar - 75 gm
- baking powder + Bicarb - 1 tspn
- Pure vanilla essence - 1 tspn
- Chocolate splinters - about a 100 gm or a little more
- Home made custard - 100 ml (recipe follows later)
- Chocolate Ganache - 50 ml (recipe follows later)
Preheat the oven to 200C
- mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- in another jug or dish, mix all the wet ingredients
- mix wet into dry and pour into your muffin tins, bake for 20-30 min and let them cool a bit
you can prepare your custard in the morning, for the dessert at night.
- Milk - 500 ml
- Custard powder - 2 tbspn
- vanilla essence - 1/2tspn
- caster sugar - 4 tbspn
- zest of 1/2 lemon
Follow the procedure on the pack to make your custard, and chill it.
- milk chocolate chips - 40 gm
- fresh cream - 20 ml
- skimmed milk - 20 ml
- heat up the milk and cream till they start boiling, and then pour the mixture over the chocolate.
- let the chocolate melt under the heat for about 2 min.
- start stirring till everything becomes a good paste
serve as shown in the picture!