- beetroot - 250 gm
- unsalted butter - 50 gm.
- Dark chocolate bar - 100 gm, chopped roughly
- caster sugar - 125 gm
- 2 eggs
- all purpose flour - 50 gm
- dark, luscious cocoa - 12 gm
Preheat the oven to 180 C
- chop up the beetroot roughly, and in a big non-stick dish, place them with a little water, to cook them for about 15 min, till they are soft and tender
- tip in the cooked beetroot, the chopped chocolate and the butter into a blender and blend till it is a nice dark brown puree.
- put the sugar and eggs in another bowl and whisk till the mixture is pale, thick and foamy.
- add in the beet-chocolate mixture and fold in carefully.
- sift in the flour and cocoa
- pour the mixture in to a lined brownie tin and bake for about 25-30 min. The cake tester may not come out exactly clean, but the top will be the crust that you see on a brownie.
Serve warm as it is, or with chocolate syrup, or with ice cream, or all three ways ! :)