- Fresh Tomatoes - 5-6 ripe ones, chopped roughly with the skin and seeds on
- Frozen Sweet corn - 150 gm
- Black olives - 6, pitted
- Garlic cloves, chopped roughly
- Fresh Thyme leaves - 50 gm (The dry thyme does not work well in this soup. It leaves a very soapy taste)
- Paprika - 2 tspns
- Tomato Puree - 1 tspn
- Olive Oil - 2 tbspn
- In a heavy bottomed dish, heat about 1/2 tspn of oil and add the garlic.
- After about a min, add the tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes give off their juices and become mostly tender.
- add the olives and about 30 gm of thyme and cook for another 2-3 min.
- now add this mixture to your food processor and pulse for about a min or so, till everything is almost blended and mashed.
- meanwhile, in your now empty dish, add the corn and defrost it and let it cook for about 2 min
- add the pulsed tomato mixture to the cooked corn, cook for 2 min.
- Add the remaining olive oil and cook for another min or so.
- Pour into your bowls and garnish with the remaining thyme leaves