- Thin, transparent Rice Noodles - 100 gm
- Bell peppers - I used greed and red - about 4 medium sized ones
- Cumin powder
- Red Chilli flakes - 10 gm
- Fresh Thyme leaves - 2 sprigs
- Pure (not extra virgin) olive oil - for that seemingly nutty flavor - 2 tbspns (20 ml)
Preheat the oven to 220 C
- Slice the bell peppers length-wise into about 6-8 pieces each.
- Place them on your roasting tray and sprinkle the oil, thyme leaves, cumin powder and salt all over the slices
- toss them well and place the tray in the oven
- cook for about 30-40 min, till the edges char.
- Towards the end of the roasting, in a flat bottomed bowl, place your rice noodles and then pour in recently boiled water, and a pinch of salt, till about all the noodles just get covered.
- the noodles will soften and get cooked in about 5 min. So that's the reason I say that you can do this at the end of your roasting. But, even if you do it earlier, its fine. You can add in about a tablespoon of the drenched-in water to keep the rice noodles soft and keep them aside. No harm at all.
- After this, drain your noodles, add them to your roasted bell peppers, add in some more salt if you like.
Serve Warm !