Thuar Dhal - 1/2 cup
Red Chillies - 4 to 5
Pepper - 1/2 tsp
Jeera - 1/2 tsp
Coriander seeds - 1/2 - 1 tsp
Tamarind - Big lemon size
Onions (Medium sized) - 1/4 Kg
Garlic - 2 full
1. Pressure cook thuar dhal and red chillies.
2. Peel Onions and garlic and cook them.
3. Grind cooked dhal with pepper, jeera and coriander seeds to paste.
4. Soak tamarind, salt and jaggery and take extract.
5. Mix ground paste, onions, garlic and tamarind extract in a vessel.
6. Add water if needed. It should be of sambhar consistency.
7. Boil and garnish with coriander leaves.
8. Serve with hot rice and ghee.
Chips / Vadams would be good accompaniment.